South Shore Equity in Recovery Survey
We want to know how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected you and your community. Your feedback will help your local health department develop equitable and innovative solutions to better support our unique and diverse communities.
This survey is open to residents of Cudahy, Oak Creek, South Milwaukee, or St. Francis.
To complete the survey visit https://bit.ly/equity4ss
Mental Health & Substance Misuse Workgroups!
Are you looking to be more involved in your community? The South Milwaukee/St. Francis Healthy Community Partnership is looking for volunteers to participate in our Mental Health and Substance Misuse Workgroups!
These two workgroups are focused on our health priorities, which were established in our Community Health Improvement Plan in 2022 [CHIP (PDF)] and formed by our Community Health Assessment completed in 2020 [CHA (PDF)]. Our goals and objectives include promoting awareness and decreasing stigma around mental health and substance misuse, increasing resiliency, and preventing death.
The workgroups will meet once per month and actively work on improving the health of our communities. Participation may include community activities, events, advocacy, and more. Please sign up by Friday, January 6th, by visiting this link: Volunteer sign-up. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Sam at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to making a difference with you!
Empowered to Live Well
To lead South Milwaukee and St. Francis in making informed choices through education and prevention
If you need assistance with an immediate public health matter and it is after hours, contact the South Milwaukee Police Department at 414-768-8060, and your message will be forwarded to a Health Department Representative. If this is a medical emergency, please call 911 for emergency services.
Public Health services are provided to all residents. The staff that provides these services includes:
- One Public Health Administrator (Health Officer/Nursing Supervisor)
- Three full-time Public Health Nurses
- One part-time Public Health Nurse
- One Clerk
- One part-time Medical Advisor
The South Milwaukee/St. Francis Health Department is the lead fiscal agency for an Environmental Health Consortium with Cudahy and St. Francis, in which we employ:
- One full- time and one part-time Environmental Health Specialist
- One part-time clerk
The South Milwaukee/St. Francis Health Department also serves the communities by participating in the following organizations, affiliations, and activities:
- Early Childhood Interagency Council
- Milwaukee/Waukesha County Public Health Emergency Preparedness Consortium
- Participated in the South Milwaukee Community Night Out and community health fairs as requested
- Safe Kids Southeast Wisconsin Coalition
- South Milwaukee School Community Advisory Committee
- South Shore Regional Interfaith Board
- Tobacco-Free Suburban Milwaukee and Ozaukee Counties