The City Clerk’s Office is staffed by the city clerk, the deputy city clerk, one full-time clerk, and two part-time clerks. The Clerk’s office is responsible for maintaining all official records of the city, receiving applications for and issuing licenses and various permits, administration of elections and voter registration. Financial administration, including payroll, budget preparation, preparation of purchase requisitions and payment of bills received are performed by the city clerk in his/her capacity as city comptroller.
Candidates for municipal offices can find additional information on required election forms for filing for office by reading the Ballot Access Checklist for Municipal Candidates (PDF).
Anyone who needs to register to vote can do so at the City Clerk’s office prior to any election date, or you may register at your polling location on the day of the election with proper identification showing that you have resided in the election district for at least 28 days prior to the election.
Anyone planning on being out of town on an election date may make prior arrangements with the City Clerk’s office to receive an Absentee Ballot.
- For more Election Information, on our Elections page.
- Please visit MyVote Wisconsin or contact the City Clerk’s Office at 414-762-2222 for all voting information including the location of your assigned polling place. or view the Voting Districts Map (PDF).
- The Board of Review system was established by the Wisconsin Statutes to give taxpayers a method of appealing their property assessments. Read more on the Board of Review page.
History of South Milwaukee City Clerks
- 2022 to Present Patrick Brever
- 2019 to 2022 Karen Kastenson
- 2010 to 2019 James Shelenske
- 2004 to 2010 Kathleen Lisowski
- 1982 to 2004 Jacqueline Johnson
- 1976 to 1982 Margaret Nowicki
- 1946 to 1976 Louis J. Mosakowski
- 1926 to 1946 H. Daehling
- 1924 to 1926 R.J. Schauer
- 1918 to 1924 J. Kozlowski
- 1912 to 1918 J. O’Connell
- 1906 to 1912 W. O’Neill
- 1900 to 1906 Joseph Saxler
- 1899 to 1900 George C. Bush
- 1897 to 1898 D.J. Sweeney